Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to go? 1979 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to go? 1979 Silverado

Well guys this is my first post and I am looking for some advice. I have been through a few sports cars already, and I am looking to go a different route now. After recently selling my 350z I have really wanted to do a 240sx, rx7, or miata ls1 swap. Then it occurred to me how nice it would be to keep my Grandpa's legacy alive.

He bought now my handed down 1979 silverado brand new. It has been through a few rebuilds, but still runs great. It does need a lot of exterior and interior work. As far as aesthetics I plan to completely restore to the way it looked in 1979.

As far as performance goes, I do know want route I want to go. So I wanted to get the input from the community.

I would like to reach at least 400rwph in my first application with minimum boost (turbo). Money and time are really not of concern although I would like to keep it cost effective. So a boosted LS1 possibly ... but I would like to in the future be able to increase HP if I get froggy.

I am leaving for the military in December and would like to have a solid plan before I leave for the shop.

Thanks for the input guys!