Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

difference between the 2 coolant temp. plugs on the ls1 block?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default difference between the 2 coolant temp. plugs on the ls1 block?

right now i have a mechanical guage on the drivers side of the block for the coolant temp. and i have the ls1 pcm coolant temp sensor on the passenger side of the block (originally, the ls1 pcm was on the drivers side)

the mechanical gauge will read 210, but the ls1 pcm will show the temp being 220.. is this because its on the other side of the block? which temp should i go by? i was thinking that i should go by the 210 because that is where the original ls1 pcm temp. sensor went and thats the reading that is most important but im not sure
Old 08-26-2007, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard there is a temp difference between the two places. In your case it could also be attributed to accuracy differences between the two units.

Re'
Old 08-26-2007, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

well actually before i had the mechanical guage i had a sensor in the same location. i switched to the mechanical guage because i thought the sensor wasnt accurate, but turns out it was accurate

im thinking that the drivers side location is reading the temp of the coolant that has just entered the block and the passenger side is coolant about to exit the block