Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

79c10 procharged ls1= need lots of help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 08:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 79c10 procharged ls1= need lots of help!

the garage had my truck for almost 4 months and got some of the truck wired. they finally told me they could`nt finish it. so.... now i want to try to finish it myself. i know i need to check to see what has`nt been done. has any of you done one of these, that maybe walk me through this so i can get this thing to fire. i need to know what i need to first, on so on. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:12 PM
TECH Resident

LS1Tech 10 Year

do you know what has been wired? did you use an old harness or were they trying to make a new custom harness? theres lots of wiring you need. if you use a old harness theres not alot to hook up really. be creative and do what you want with it. there is obvious things that need power so you might need some meters to read voltage etc. pics would be nice to, to try to see whats been done so far.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:57 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Did you check out post 13 of the FAQ sticky? Theres lots of wiring info in there.

We do need some more info on your combo to be helpful. IE: what year make, and model the wiring harness is from if its stock, the same for the PCM if they are not from the same car, if your using electric fans, keeping the emissions equipment, etc.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:13 PM
Teching In

i am also doin a similar project, but im tryin to do it myself using the stock vette harness.i tore off all emissions,bought a dual fan radiator,i think ill just try and splice some autometer guages of the harness. what do i need to keep on the motor and what can i ditch, where to start? please help
Old 08-30-2007, 09:31 AM
12 Second Club

i just found out that the vats has`nt been disabled. can i still wire up to at least crank it over before i send it off, or should i just send it?
Old 08-30-2007, 03:37 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

It will crank with the VATS still turned on, and it may run for a second or two, but it will not stay running.

Quick Reply: 79c10 procharged ls1= need lots of help!