Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Headers good start for Vega swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 07:58 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Headers good start for Vega swap

If you've installed an LSx engine in a Vega, did you go with manifolds or headers? I'm relatively sure there is cut/weld involved, but I'm hoping someone can suggest a good header as a staring point. Are long tubes a pipe-dream? As always, TIA
mv - Just another noob
Old 08-30-2007, 09:17 AM
Launching!

Look at www.sandersonheaders.com -- they have really nice block huggers (2 styles cc1-ls1 and ls-150). We used one of each (!!) for our swap of an LS1 into a BMW E30. Sanderson sent us both sets, told us to use either or "mix&match" -- just send back the remainder. They only charged us for one set initially -- great guys to work with. Talk to Jeremy there.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks Steve,
it's good to know there are still vendors like that!
Mike
Old 08-30-2007, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve VanS
Look at www.sandersonheaders.com -- they have really nice block huggers (2 styles cc1-ls1 and ls-150). We used one of each (!!) for our swap of an LS1 into a BMW E30. Sanderson sent us both sets, told us to use either or "mix&match" -- just send back the remainder. They only charged us for one set initially -- great guys to work with. Talk to Jeremy there.
"Bump" for a KICK-*** vendor!!
Old 09-11-2007, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

I am in the process of getting all the loose ends tied up on my 5.3 powered '75 Vega, and I am in the process of getting headers made for it. What I found may or may not be pertinant to your exact swap, as my motor ended up slightly further forwards and slightly lower that other V8 Vega swaps. I found that the F body manifold will work on the passenger side, but absolutely nothing will work on the drivers side if you want to be able to steer that car, darn steering shaft is in the way no matter what. THe drivers side header is a work of art, mine ended up having three tubes going around the steering shaft, and one tucking down between the shaft and the block. Once I figure out how to post pictueres, I will try and get some on!!!
Hope this helps!!

Mike Schwochert
Old 09-11-2007, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Another vote for Sanderson. We ended up having to do some cutting and welding on my steering side and they sent me a whole box of scrap bends for $20. Then when we were done, sent them back for ceramic coating and they had them back to me in less than a week, all for $115!

Pat
Old 09-22-2007, 11:01 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by schwoch1
I am in the process of getting all the loose ends tied up on my 5.3 powered '75 Vega, and I am in the process of getting headers made for it. What I found may or may not be pertinant to your exact swap, as my motor ended up slightly further forwards and slightly lower that other V8 Vega swaps. I found that the F body manifold will work on the passenger side, but absolutely nothing will work on the drivers side if you want to be able to steer that car, darn steering shaft is in the way no matter what. THe drivers side header is a work of art, mine ended up having three tubes going around the steering shaft, and one tucking down between the shaft and the block. Once I figure out how to post pictueres, I will try and get some on!!!
Hope this helps!!

Mike Schwochert
If you get some pics Mike,. that would be great.
Thanks,
MIke V

Quick Reply: Which Headers good start for Vega swap