Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What fitting do I need???????????

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What fitting do I need???????????

I am putting a iron ls1 with 99 4.8 p/s pump in my 67 swb c10. What fitting do I need to make the factory p/s pump hose work???
thanks
Old 09-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

Is the steering gear on the truck the factory one? If so I believe that those had a 45* flare whereas the hose from the 99 4.8 p/s pump has an O-ring to seal it. My suggestion is to get one fabbed up at a joint that makes hydraulic hoses. Use the part of the 99 hose that goes into the p/s pump and get one that fits into the trucks steering gear and have them put them together.

If you dont have the hose that goes into the steering gear find a junkyard and get one from a truck up to about mid late 70's. My 82 had metric threads; thats why I said mid late 70's. Heck the hose shop might even have something that would work for the truck side.

Is that clear as mud?
Old 09-08-2007, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

M16-1.5 O-ring at the pump, and probably 7/16 inverted flare at the box if it's the same as a '67 Camaro.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1badjimmy
Is the steering gear on the truck the factory one? If so I believe that those had a 45* flare whereas the hose from the 99 4.8 p/s pump has an O-ring to seal it. My suggestion is to get one fabbed up at a joint that makes hydraulic hoses. Use the part of the 99 hose that goes into the p/s pump and get one that fits into the trucks steering gear and have them put them together.

If you dont have the hose that goes into the steering gear find a junkyard and get one from a truck up to about mid late 70's. My 82 had metric threads; thats why I said mid late 70's. Heck the hose shop might even have something that would work for the truck side.

Is that clear as mud?
GM switched to metric O-ring fittings on both ends in mid '79. Another option is to use Russell or Aeroquip -6AN adapters on both ends and run a braided stainless AN line.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Launching!

I figured I would have to buy a hose assembly for a later model truck and have it crimped to mine, I didn't know if the was a fitting that I could use to screw in the pump and on my 67 line. Thanks guys

Quick Reply: What fitting do I need???????????