Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power steering pulley on truck accessory setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Power steering pulley on truck accessory setup

Is it possible to install a pulley about 1" smaller in diameter on the truck power steering pump? Its coming rather close to my gearbox, and 1/2" more clearance would be great... maybe a pulley from another GM application or aftermarket?
Old 09-18-2007, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did that on my 5.3 swap, and now it squeels at idle. I am going to put the f-body accessories on which places the alt low and the ps high.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would think that would speed up the pump quit a bit. May have some pressure regulation issues. The best (and most expensive of course) thing to do is move either the power steering pump, or the gearbox.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:15 PM
TECH Regular

There is a guy here that used a pulley from a Ford van and he claimed it worked. Of course, when I PM'd him about what type of pulley and how he got the spacing/belt sizes corrected, he never responded....

My truck stuff fits as of right now, but I'm in the process of having spacers made so that my oil pan clears my centerlink. Once that's done, I hope it still fits.

I procured a complete bracket drive set up from a TA for $100, plus the AC compressor and bolts, from someone here on the forums. They're not nearly as expensive as they were a few months ago....
Old 09-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I cant really mess with the accessory bracket because of the supercharger. I will be putting the trans in this week, then the motor position will be finalized, hopefully it will move and clear the gearbox...
Old 09-18-2007, 10:23 PM
TECH Regular

use a pully from a 05 trailblazer its about ezactly 1" smaller and mounts the same way... you'll also need the 05 trailblazer serp belt.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by DarthMonte
I did that on my 5.3 swap, and now it squeels at idle. I am going to put the f-body accessories on which places the alt low and the ps high.
what vehicle was it from or do you have a part number? I have tried like 5 different ones and they are all about 1/4" too shallow in the offset.

Quick Reply: Power steering pulley on truck accessory setup