Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine/Transmission adapter plate?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 05:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Engine/Transmission adapter plate?

I am putting together my LQ9 / Fox body mustang swap and want to use my AODE tranny. I've seen an adapter plate http://wilcap.com/chevy.html#350302
made by these guys but does anybody know somebody that makes one specifically for the LS motor?

My tranny is fully built with Transbrake and manual valvebody, it works great so i would like to keep it if possible.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Depending on the cost of the adapters and associated parts, you may be money ahead to sell the ford tranny and go with a built chevy unit. An adapter for an early chevy engine will bolt to an LS engine, but one bolt hole will not be used. The problem you are going to run into, is, the torque converter. When you use an early tranny with an LS engine, you have to use a spacer or have the converter built special for the application. I don't know what problems you will have getting the ford converter to work, but I suspect it will be a lot of trouble. Thats the reason I said you may be better off with a chevy tranny.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you may be right, in fact i have a lead on a 4L80E that i might use instead. But i'm not thrilled about needing a computer just for the tranny.