Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another 4th Gen V6 to LS1 conversion...questions..

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another 4th Gen V6 to LS1 conversion...questions..

Hey Guys,

I have a complete wrecked 00 Z28. Everything under the floor pans is there and from the windshield forward is good.

Now,If I can find a 93-02 V6 cheap enough(lets say $500-1500) would it be worth doing the conversion? Or should I hold out for a Z28 or T/a to do the conversion?

Or should I just part the car out and w/ the money(and some other funds) I'll make buy a complete running car?

I figured the 1st route would be cheaper. I'll have about $1700-3000 in the car plus I'll have money left over for mods,etc.

I know I know it won't be a "true" V8 car,and I definitely will not badge it,and I know resale would be cheaper.

But I could build a relitivley sweet car for the cheap. (i know cheap isn't always best)

Also..since its apart, I'd like to convert everything,fuel tank,harness,dash,everything under the hood etc. Even do a front clip swap down the road.

Also,shoudl I just sell the 4l60E and do a TH400? Since its already bastardized,plus I can get a built TH400 cheaper than building the 4l60e,but then I wonder how much it will cut mpg..which a set of 3.42's could help that

Ok enough..I just need opinions..yay or ney..

If I can find a Z or T/A roller cheap enough I'd go for it,but it seems those 95-96 V6 cars are goin cheap,plus I can sell the engine,trans it it for a few extra mod dollars

Quick Reply: Another 4th Gen V6 to LS1 conversion...questions..