Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering LS1 swap in my Mustang...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 02:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering LS1 swap in my Mustang...

Like it says, I'm considering putting an LS1 into my '94 Mustang. The real thing keeping me from it though is mating the motor to my tranny. I busted up the stock T5, so I have a TKO600 in it right now that I would like to keep if possible since I dropped 1800 bones on it. I have looked at the Mcleod and Lakewood websites seeing if they have a bellhousing that would work and I have e-mailed a few trans companies asking if they can help me out and they have left me hanging. Also have done a search here and didn't come up with anything. So, does anyone know if it is possible do mate a Ford-spec TKO600 to a LS1?

I found some specs on the GM and Ford TKOs and it seems the input shafts on the two are different lengths, so I'm guessing I'd have to get one for the GM TKO, which isn't a big deal. I don't know if that's the only difference though.

Thanks for any help.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:15 AM
8 Second Club

as far as i know you can use the old style chevy bolt pattern bellhousing on the ls engines, just one bolt might not line up.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:15 AM
Teching In

Cool. I did some more poking around and it seems the GM and Ford TKOs have different bolt patterns. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 12-19-2007, 07:19 AM
Staging Lane

I'm not much help with the trans question, but I am parting out one of the sn95 swaps I've done, and have a Qa1 k-member, headers, and motor mounts for your swap if you need them.

Jamie
Old 12-19-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Resident

keeping the TKO is more trouble (read as: money) than it's worth IMO. Sell the TKO as a swap kit, and buy a T56 from an LS1 F-body, and you should save a few bucks.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:39 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rodder
keeping the TKO is more trouble (read as: money) than it's worth IMO. Sell the TKO as a swap kit, and buy a T56 from an LS1 F-body, and you should save a few bucks.

+1 on that.

Quick Reply: Considering LS1 swap in my Mustang...