Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hooker motor mt. adapt.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 06:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

Default hooker motor mt. adapt.

i am using the hooker mount adapters, and something i noticed after having it on the engine stand after mocking up the engine in the body, the adapters hit the engine (lq4) about 3/16" before resting on the mount bosses(at the bottom of the adapt.)-you dont notice it unless you look real close-it only took a minute to grind a bevel for the clearance, but something else to ck when using them-their kind of rough anyway, so a little cleaning up is required anyway-just something i found
Old 01-09-2008, 08:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by forcd ind
i am using the hooker mount adapters, and something i noticed after having it on the engine stand after mocking up the engine in the body, the adapters hit the engine (lq4) about 3/16" before resting on the mount bosses(at the bottom of the adapt.)-you dont notice it unless you look real close-it only took a minute to grind a bevel for the clearance, but something else to ck when using them-their kind of rough anyway, so a little cleaning up is required anyway-just something i found

and i can't help but wonder, WHY there are so many different adapter plates? I mean, all LSx blocks have the same six motor mount bosses on them. And all Gen 1 small blocks and all Gen 1 big blocks would bolt in to any GM car, or truck for that matter, with the same motor mounts. Why are there six(?) different plate locations for LSx engines. Why can't anyone make one plate that puts the engine in the same relative place as a BB or SB? Leave the tranny X member were it goes for the car, then bolt on the adapter plates to the LSx then the rubber mounts to the adapter, then drop it in. But no, the plates move the rubber mount to the rear or to the front relative to the frame stands, so things have to be changed. Why is it so tuff ? Sorry I'm ranting...........
and then there is the quality issue, it's just a flat plate with a bunch of holes in it. How tuff can that be ? Granted the holes have to be in the correct place, but it seems some manufactures can't even do that right. Sorry, another rant.............