drive by wire w/cruise

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drive by wire w/cruise

I tried searching, but it's broke...haha

Has anyone ran a drive by wire throttle body and have functioning cruise
control? And if so, how? I think I remember seeing where someone had done on Thirdgen.org, but I can't find it.

I found a setup (pedal, wiring, and throttle body) for sale. I want to run drive by wire so I don't have to run the throttle cables and clean up the engine bay. I just want to make sure it will work with my set-up and have cruise before I buy it.

I'm doing my own wiring, so that's not what's I'm concerned with. I just don't know much of anything about how the drive-by-wire works with cruise control.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 02-11-2008, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I am using the ETC throttle with Cruise control. I am using a GM Turn signal/Cruise stalk from an 80s car. You need a switch with power, set/coast, resume/accel. This is a 4 wire switch. Wires are 12v, Ground, set, and resume. Switches need to be normally open I believe. I have a harness by Speartech and he had wires all labled for me. Once I got a working switch, it works just like it is supposed to.

The stalk I found also had a "paddle" on it for windshield washer. I cut that off and glued it solid on the stalk.

Pat
Old 02-11-2008, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Ok. Thank you. I have the 4 switch in my car, factory cruise. I was just wanting to make sure I could carry it over with my swap.
Would I need to get the harness from Speartech? How does the wiring work? Gas pedal to throttle body, then the harness to the pedal to the PCM?
Thanks again!
Old 02-11-2008, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

pedal to tac module tac module to engine harness
Old 02-11-2008, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Speartech made my harness and included a small harness for pedal to TAC (Throttle Actuator Control) module and also had the plug that connects the TAC to the harness/ECU built in. Also in the harness were the 4 wires for the cruise control. John is very helpful, you might want to give him a call.

Pat

Quick Reply: drive by wire w/cruise