Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Fox Body Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 06:13 PM
LS1Tech Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Fox Body Questions

Before jumping ship and doing the swap I wanted to ask a few questions I was unable to solve through searches here and on other forums.

-I'm going to retire my Mk2 VW GTI from open track days and want to build the Mustang for some road course stuff. There are so many opinions on which "road coarse" tubular K-members is best; anyone have advice?

-I've got multiple opinions on this one as well, but is it better to start with a 5.0 car or a 4-banger? I'm told the only difference that really matters is the rear ends.

-Since I live in Ca and would like to get the car smog certed how is the best way to wire the car so all of the OEM smog stuff will work? Would the harness used in the Popular Hotrodding article be enough?

Thanks for all the help and I apologize if any of this has been covered already and my own lack of intelligence caused me to overlook it.

Thanks to all
Old 03-18-2008, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're going to go around corners with your mustang then you really have only two choices for K-members in my opinion. Maximum Motorsports or Griggs. Both could be used, it just depends on which you prefer. I don't think it really matters which car you start with, but yeah the 4cyl. will have crappier brakes and the 7.5 crap rear end. I would forget about trying to get the car smoged especially if you live in California.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you're gonna road race it, id assume a serious brake upgrade would be on your list anyway, 4banger cars are cheaper and usually in better condition. and yeah, forget about smog legal in CA.