Sponsored by:

Fuel pump question & intake pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel pump question & intake pictures

Hey guys,

This is a two part post. First part is a question.

I just got my speartech harness and have been thinking over how i am going to wire my fuel pumps. I have two walbro 255's in the tank and really only need one. I just wanted to have a back up, just in case I turbo/sc. What do you guys think about using the fuel pump relay built in to the harness to activate two other relays for the individual fuel pumps? Is that too redundant? will it even work? I want to use the fuel pump wire from the harness to activate the painless fuel pump wiring relays I have. One for each fuel pump. thoughts?

Second part is that I thought I would share some pictures of my intake setup. I am getting further and further along and thought I would share. Let me know if you like it.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JZHeyde
What do you guys think about using the fuel pump relay built in to the harness to activate two other relays for the individual fuel pumps? Is that too redundant? will it even work? I want to use the fuel pump wire from the harness to activate the painless fuel pump wiring relays I have.
While it would work, I think it's just introducing another point of failure. I would remove the relay from the harness, tie into the signal wire, and split it off to both of the new relays.