Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lq9 into 2000 ram air and now having problems, need help asap

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lq9 into 2000 ram air and now having problems, need help asap

ok i put in a lq9 motor in a 2000 trans am.. and i got all the adapters, connectors etc to make it work,, i fired the car up and the tach isnt working and the car runs rough,, ses comes on, and the car has no trottle response.. here is the thing where it gets crazy,, when i disconnect the plug for the cam sensor , it makes no difference,, but when i take a scanner and clear the codes for like 3 seconds the tach will work and cars trottle will be perfect, then throws the code and im back where i started.. does anyone have any idea what can it be? at first i thought there was something wrong with the motor, but obviously there isnt if when i clear the codes the car runs perfect for 3-4 seconds and then goes back to running like ****,, why would the tach work when i clear the code and as soon as 343 code pops up the tach stops working? anyone think it can be a computer problem.. i did put the ls2 cam sprocket because with the lq9 sprocket i couldnt switch cams.. is it possible that i have the wrong cam sensor and its reading wrong? or the wrong sprocket? thanks for your help..
Old 04-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Launching!

Sounds like a ground issue. There are multiple grounds on the back of one of the cylinder heads, make sure all ground wires are on there tight.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Launching!

After seeing the other thread on your car (I think) I could definitely be wrong.
Grounds are usually what I miss though.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bimmer Tech
After seeing the other thread on your car (I think) I could definitely be wrong.
Grounds are usually what I miss though.
yeah ground is def not a problem...

any other ideas or anyone else?
Old 04-08-2008, 10:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ls2 cam sprocket is different and will possibly throw off the reading and make the car do what its doing. I say swap in a stock LS1 style cam sprocket and call it a day. If you've ever seen the timing cover and sprocket of LS1 vs LS2 or anything modern that has the LS2 style stuff, then yea it will read incorrectly, the car is meant to read and work off the older style stuff. Hopefully that is all and that is in fact the problem, hope you find it!!
Old 04-08-2008, 08:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Tell us what you did regarding the cam gear etc. Therein may lie your problem. In the OEM form the lq9 will function perfectly wo changing stuff.

Quick Reply: lq9 into 2000 ram air and now having problems, need help asap