Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

corvette fuel filter/regulator question

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corvette fuel filter/regulator question

When I hook up my fuel pump on the inlet and turn it on it shoots the fuel out the return side and not to my fuel rail.The filter is brand new.I have the fuel set up as follows.3/8 fuel in 5/16 fuel return and single 3/8 on the other side of the filter going to the fuel rail.Could it be that the fuel line is full of air and causing fuel not to go through?
Old 04-08-2008, 01:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like you've got it hooked up correct.... Could a line be clogged or pinched somewhere?
Old 04-08-2008, 02:04 PM
TECH Resident

If you have the injectors/rails/lines etc all hooked up and turn on the pump for the first time, you'll pump just enough fuel in to bring the pressure up to 57psi. Most of the system will still be full of air until you bleed the air out. On mine, it didn't occur to me bleed the air out, so I just started cranking on it and it took a good 10 seconds or so of cranking for it to get any fuel to the injectors (then it started firing), and then another 10 seconds or so for it to smooth out.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Launching!

Thanks,that makes sense.I tried to prime the system before cranking the car over to see if the fuel system was working.I will try hooking it all up and starting it.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Default fuel regulator

What year is your corvette and what regulator do you have in it? I just put an LS1 in my '96 camaro and I needed a '97 corvette fuel rail for my supply and return lines and I had the same problems i would only build 25 psi max after many cycles in my fuel rails and when the pump was done cycling it would bleed out the return side. I found out that the '97 corvette use a one of a kind fuel regulator so I bought it and pulled the '00 regulator out and my problem was fixed it will build 62 psi and hold it for hours after I the engine is off.

Quick Reply: corvette fuel filter/regulator question