Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Amigo Madness

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 08:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default More Amigo Madness

Ok, so I ditched the idea of taking my old motor (stock 5.7 with 221 cam) and putting it in the Amigo. I figured that if I was gonna do it why not do something a little bigger. Soooooooo, I decided that since I already had several parts lying around for it why not build a 408. I bought a cam and pushrod set froma friend that is 240/246@.050 and I have a couple of 6.0 blocks. I went ahead a took one of the blocks to the machine shop and I am ordering the rotating assembly this week. She is tickled shitless about it. I believe that I am going to use a set of ported 6.0 heads as it doesn't have to be insane and I am going for a more torque oriented setup rather than trying to squeeze out every last bit of hp I can. I figure with that displacement and camshaft as well as an LS6 intake and a set of 30lb injectors it ought to make 475-ft lbs of torque at the flywheel. Add a 150 shot to that and it should run like a striped *** ape. I will use the TCI SSF 4L80E tranny and a Street Fighter convertor. I am thinking a set of the JBA shorty truck headers should work as well. I am trying to sort out the fuel system in my noodle (The one between my ears smartazzes. lol) and I am thinking that since the Amigo has a metal tank that I am going to try and adapt the fuel pickup assembly to it. It involves some fabrication but if I can do it on a Datsun I know I should be able to do it on this one as well. At any rate this is the latest. I will be posting picks as soon as there are some to post. Until then I will try and keep those interested abreast via written word. Thanks to all and take care.

Jim C.

I attached a pic of the "Vanilla Gorilla" to associate the man with the madness. Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails More Amigo Madness-my-winter-look.jpg