Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help piecing the rest together

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help piecing the rest together

So Im just finishing up piecing together my swap and am looking for some help one what I need and/or should change:

Car: 72 El Camino

Motor: Built 370ci LQ9 6.0 block with a single t76 turbo
Specs: Diamond -14.9cc dish pistons, Mahle rings, ARP head studs, ARP main studs, ARP 2000 rod bolts, 317 heads surfaced & valve job, GM 6.0 head gaskets, Eagle offset h-beam rods, Polished stock crank, LS6 valley cover conversion, custom Comp cam 226/230 .584/.605 117+4 lsa, comp 918 springs, comp 7.4" pushrods, comp retainers.

Intake: Super Victor EFI Manifold, Edelbrock High Flow Elbow, Edelbrock 90mm TB, Edelbrock Alum fuel rails

Swap mounts: BRP Kit (I like how you can maintain AC without notching)

The car will see 600-700rwhp, maybe more who knows until we get some test runs, and will be my weekend/track car. I am going to add meth injection as well and all this will be put to the ground via a beefed up t56.

What I am wondering is what to do injector size wise.

Thanks, Kyle.

Last edited by SprSprtChevy72; 04-21-2008 at 01:43 AM.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Staging Lane

Also need some guidance as far as fuel delivery. What do to for a tank, pump, regulator, ect...

Also does the combination of intake/elbow/tb seem like it would be the best bet for my set up? I really want to stay fuel injection.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Look like you have done some of your home work..

I am also using the BRP style plates. You will have to notch the frame if you want the Gen III/IV (LSx) OEM AC Compressor.. there is no way around it if you want to keep it in the Gen III/IV location. If you look on Thirdgen.org, they have a F-Body Gen III (82-92) swap adapter to use the Gen 3 F-Body compressor on the Gen III/IV engine. That is one option you can use to relocate it to the upper passenger side. Other option are $$$ (ie S&P, ATS, etc)

Fuel..I forget what the El has as a Fuel tank and what will work, but the rest of the EL guys will ping in..

Many are using the TanksINC fuel pump and pickup (while it has a sump built on).

Other A-Body guys (Like me) use a late B-Body Tank (94-96 Impala/Caprice/Buick),not sure if you can use the Impala tank or not..

The $$$ way is to use custom tanks (Ricks Hot Rod or Rock Valley).

For the Fuel Regulator and Filter.. many use the 99+ Corvette Fuel Pressure Regulator and filter (GF822). If not, Aeromotive stuff is good stuff to use, but costly.

Check many of the sponsers here on the site for Harness and ECM programming.. Painless, S&P, Speartech, Wait4mePerformace and others for both new Harness and modified ones. I used Jesse at Wait4meperformace to flash out the codes not needed and to put on a baisc tune to get me started (mail order). I with a friend modified the stock LS1 harness.

With the Intake.. you want to get as much cold air as possible.. for a real CAI system. Many just put a few elbow and tube with a K&N cone filter. but you really need to box the filter and route outside air.. keeping the run as straight as possible.. so on that note.. check out my original design Chevelle Cowl Induction air box.. not the best for a straight run of the air, but it does use the Stock type Cowl Induction Hood and drawing air from the Cowl only.. follow my link in my Sig to my cardomain site.

Keep us posted on you project..

Last edited by bczee; 04-16-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:56 PM
Staging Lane

Which acc. do you have? The BPR specifically mentions that all acc. work without any notching or modifying the frame/kmember.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh. you must have to newest kit that they are marketing.. I have to older design.... There is a thread about there new kit.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...952&highlight=

The kit uses a Hummer oil pan (LH8) setup.. It does move the engine and trans forward enought for the stock Gen III/IV AC to clear the frame.. as compared to there older style which sets the engine more to the rear.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:28 AM
Staging Lane

Bump! Bought a harness and PCM today, coils and accessories are next, then intake and tb and then the BRP kit and finally a trans

Quick Reply: Need some help piecing the rest together