Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feedback from purchaser's of McLeod Kit to move T-56 Shifter forward

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feedback from purchaser's of McLeod Kit to move T-56 Shifter forward

Any one used the McLeod Kit that enables the shifter mechanism (not just the shift lever) to be moved forward ? This kit moves the shifter to where the "square" cover plate is currently located. A rectangular plate is provided to cover the "old" shifter hole.

What aftermarket shifter mechanisms does the relocation kit accomodate (B & M Billet Plus 6- Speed for Mustang aftermarket T-56's??)?

Were you pleased with the way the conversion shifted?

Any info would be appreciated.

Regards,
Jon
Old 05-25-2008, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We didn't use the shifter kit, but the offset kit and IT SUCKS! Go look through our thread on our swap, and you will see we have had nothing but trouble with the bloody thing. You have to do a LOT of grinding and reshaping to get it to work, but once you finally have it shaped, it works fine. The bar going forward is too thick and will hit the bolt when you try to go into reverse, and after you finally have that clearanced, you need to clear the collar. For the cost, I was very unhappy with the quality. As for a shifter handle, just about anything with a hurst style two hole pattern can be made to work. Once again, a bit of grinding time if you want the captive style.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had thought of going this route.. but after looking at the cost and labor to use the forward plate. .. and then I looked at a Viper T56 and ended up using it. I had trouble with the F-Body T56 with the shifter coming up on my Bench seat. The Viper T56 is forward enough to clear my Bench seat in my chevelle.

Quick Reply: Feedback from purchaser's of McLeod Kit to move T-56 Shifter forward