Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a dumb question

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 11:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a dumb question

I know I'm asking some pretty basic questions but I am lost. I bought an '03 vette LS1 and the seller threw in the ECM and harness but it's a DBW harness and since it's from a Vette, the tranny wiring is extra long. There are a few cut wires on the trans wiring but the main harness looks to be ok with one or two cut wires I believe.

If I am going to send my harness to Speartech, does this stuff matter or should I try to sell this harness and buy an A4 complete harness and ECM?

Also, the ECM he gave me is already tuned for a Procharged car (it has a sticker with some tuning details on it)

I can still use this ECM and just have it flashed, correct?

Thanks

Oh and this is going in a '56 belair build and I am still searching and learning what all I need done when I send the harness to Speartech.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:01 AM
TECH Regular

AustinYukon, I would think the best answerer to this would be someone at Speartech. I dont see why the computer wouldn't be able to be retuned though.

I dont think the trans that the computer originally used matters. Should be able to use either or, just change parameters in the computer.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Launching!

I talked to Speartech today. He told me I would be better off selling the Vette harness and buying an Automatic FBODY harness.