Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Chevelle owners able to run flipped truck manifolds for turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any Chevelle owners able to run flipped truck manifolds for turbo?

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you chevelle owners could either tell me or see if it will work to flip a set of truck manifolds forward to do the popular turbo setup with them. From my house it looks like the steering box would get in the way but since the motor isnt bolted up Im not completely positive. I have truck manifolds now and if my motor wasnt still on the stand Id check my self but was hoping maybe one of you were in the position to try it out if at al possible. Id really like to just make some up pipes for twins and be done with it considering itd probably take only a couple of hours to make. So if you can try it or if you have tried could you let me know? Thanks
Old 06-27-2008, 10:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Let me check real quick, should be easy to see since mine is just sitting there right now
Old 06-27-2008, 10:07 PM
11 Second Club

I don't have truck manifolds here, but my 98 f body one clears everything fine. From what I remember they're almost identical to truck manifolds except I dont think the ones on my brothers truck are stainless or whatever.

Its close to the steering shaft, but has about 1/4"
Old 06-28-2008, 07:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

i think i have seen it done-i will be switching my heads next week if they arrive
when i do, i'll stick the truck manifolds on and see before putting the headers on
i think it might depend a little on whos mounts you use, their are several out there, fit diff
i knew there was a reason i never threw the manifolds out, lol
im using a procharger now, but have the idea of twins in the back of my head
Old 06-28-2008, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool, did you check with them facing forward and down? Ive seen some guys run them flipped and facing up but personally I think its a bit tacky looking. Also during a search I saw the Impala ls4 manifolds and they look like they may work but none of the recylclers around here have a pair but it appears that a place in spokane has some for $100 from a search on car-part.com . Those look to face directly forward and it may even be possible to mill v band flanges from the stock manifold outlets. Itd be a helluva lot cheaper though to run manifold I already have. If by chance you can take a pic of the driver side with a tape measure next to the outlet thatd be awesome, I wanna see if you can get a 2 inch bend coming off of it without hitting the steering. Once again thanks very much for the help, its nice having you guys around to be able to figure these things out before hand rather than run into issues when your half way through the project.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

Oh sorry i checked them facing up, I'll try down for you after I pull the headers off from their test fit

Quick Reply: Any Chevelle owners able to run flipped truck manifolds for turbo?