Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

debating swap on an 88 ranger

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default debating swap on an 88 ranger

i got an 88 ranger sitting in my driveway that doesn't run. basically i'm wondering how involved the swap would be. i looked on corral and they dont seem to have a designated area for hybrid cars/trucks. i'd be opened to putting either a 302 or a 5.3 in it depending on how costly / difficult the swap will be. if there's going to be a need for alot of fabrication/need for alot of parts, i probably wont bother.

any help/leads would be nice
Old 07-01-2008, 01:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I was looking at the possibility of this a long time ago, I feel the ls engine would be a easy install. The engine bay is large and the crossmember looks as if it would provide very little clearance issues. Those trucks are very light and would make one hell of a screamer!

we also carry the ranger v8 conversion kits:http://www.carshopinc.com/index.php/cPath/28_30
Old 07-07-2008, 09:45 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by lookAblack98TA
i got an 88 ranger sitting in my driveway that doesn't run. basically i'm wondering how involved the swap would be. i looked on corral and they dont seem to have a designated area for hybrid cars/trucks. i'd be opened to putting either a 302 or a 5.3 in it depending on how costly / difficult the swap will be. if there's going to be a need for alot of fabrication/need for alot of parts, i probably wont bother.

any help/leads would be nice
Ive never seen a chevy engine in a ranger but i know a 302 will fit right in all you needs in to get motor mounts made for it!Ive done this swap before.Its actually a really cheap and easy swap.Good luck if you do it.

p.s the stock 7.5 rear wont hold the power so either go with a 8.8 or a 9''!!
Old 07-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Teching In

awesome... thanks for the info guys!