Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fox body steering shaft?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 09:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default fox body steering shaft?

im getting ready to do my 3rd ls1 swap this one into a fox and i have gathered up most of the info i need, but eveyone that has done one of these swaps mentions something about useing a flaming river steering shaft to clear the headers.

why is this needed even with the kooks swap headers, and also what exaclty is needed?
Old 07-30-2008, 12:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out the build thread in my sig. I think I have a few pics of the clearance between the Kook's and the flaming river shaft. You WILL need to run the Flaming river shaft. I think there is one tube that is actually keeping us from running the std. shaft with the rag joint. Just remember that the power and manual racks splines are diff. and you must run the correct shaft .
Old 07-30-2008, 05:32 AM
Teching In

Check out the Maximum Motorsports steering shafts, they are a better design then the flaming river ones.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by djquik88
Check out the build thread in my sig. I think I have a few pics of the clearance between the Kook's and the flaming river shaft. You WILL need to run the Flaming river shaft. I think there is one tube that is actually keeping us from running the std. shaft with the rag joint. Just remember that the power and manual racks splines are diff. and you must run the correct shaft .
i read your whole build, again and still dont see anyhting about why it dont fit. i did see a pic in someones about the clearance between the aje kmember and the rack. is it just that because the splines on the input shaft are so close to the rack you cant use the rag joint? and thats what make you need a new shaft?

someone shot me down because i said someone should step up and make a step by step (like olly did for first gens) on swapping ls's into foxs, and this is why
Old 07-30-2008, 10:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Here are a few pics. As you can see, the header tube on the 2nd cylinder back is in the way of the rag joint.

Quick Reply: fox body steering shaft?