Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about ECM

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 07:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about ECM

I am on the edge of getting my ls1 swap running in my 2000 camaro and basically all i need now is a ECM

my question is do i need to just get an ECM from a 2000 ls1 a4 or does it have to be specific to all the options that are on the car like traction control, gears, etc....

any help is appreciated

thanks!
Old 08-23-2008, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump!!!! come on someone is bound to know this
Old 08-23-2008, 10:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the ECM is programmed according to the vehicles options, so if you pick up a new one it will need to be programmed with a VIN for an A4 car - any tuner can flash it for you and calibrate it for tire size/gears, remove anything you dont need (IE: emissions, VATS, AIR, EGR, etc...)
Old 08-23-2008, 10:41 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The actual physical PCM is the same for the 99-02 cars. The programming is what is different. You will need one that is custom for your application, because some of the codes will have to be tuned out so that you don`t get a check engine light, because I am sure you didn`t use every piece from the LS1 car. Unless you have a tuning program (HPT or EFILive) you would be best off talking to one of the sponsors (speartech or wait4meperformance) who does tuning for conversions as they will have a god idea of which codes will need to be tuned out.

Quick Reply: Question about ECM