Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

91 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 camaro

im thinking of putting an ls motor in my 91 camaro. Has anyone here done this if so any tips or photos please
Old 09-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you search over at thirdgen.org you should be able to find everything you need to do that swap
Old 09-08-2008, 03:45 PM
On The Tree

And alot of pics.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Teching In

You can basically buy everything to do an LS swap in the cars too. If you have the cash you could do it in a few weeks time without fabbing anything.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:24 PM
TECH Regular

Old 09-08-2008, 09:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

blownz28man your remark was useless and didnt help at all,you should be banned just for posting it,anyway thirdgen is probably your best bet,were all here to learn and help fellow members atleast sum of us are.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by caviness
blownz28man your remark was useless and didnt help at all,you should be banned just for posting it,anyway thirdgen is probably your best bet,were all here to learn and help fellow members atleast sum of us are.
I actually agree with what Blownz28man said, except maybe 91rsracer didnt know about thirdgen.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a third-gen guy, & even I can see how the same questions posted every 5-7 days can become tiresome. To say that his "remark was useless and didnt help at all" was, at the very least, incorrect. A very quick, very basic search would have answered the OP's questions.

And to say "you should be banned just for posting it" is just borderline hysteria...

Lighten up Francis.

And it's 'some' of us - 'sum' is a mathematical term...
Old 09-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Teching In

thanks i will look over there
Old 09-09-2008, 07:48 AM
On The Tree

thirdgen and ls1tech helped me a whole lot on my swap
Old 09-09-2008, 08:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by V8Rumble
I'm a third-gen guy, & even I can see how the same questions posted every 5-7 days can become tiresome. To say that his "remark was useless and didnt help at all" was, at the very least, incorrect. A very quick, very basic search would have answered the OP's questions.

And to say "you should be banned just for posting it" is just borderline hysteria...

Lighten up Francis.

+1

theres a reason we have sections, 2 or 3 permanent bulletins and thousand of posts worth of info on thirdgen and ls1tech hybrids, so that the obvious questions get weeded out.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 91rsracer
thanks i will look over there
Hey, I just re-read this today, & I didn't do a very good job with my phrasing. That honestly wasn't meant as a "slam" against you, & I apologize for the way that it came across. There's a sticky post at the top of the TGO swap forum that pretty much covers all of the basics, & once you start doing it, some of the other posts become relevant/helpful as well.

We're really not opposed to questions, it just came across that way.

Good luck.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

blownz28man your remark was useless and didnt help at all,
Correct a much better response would be if your to incompetent to do a search for something that has been posted over and over again. The idea of putting an ls1 in to anything is beyond your ability.

PS: YET AGAIN I'll post the whole writeup I made which would be found doing a search, but I am sure tomorrow someone else will ask the same thing.

http://www.team3rdgen.com/modules.php?name=3rdGenLS1
Old 09-09-2008, 03:01 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello, we make a k member to put an LS1 in a third gen. Our k member is 30lbs lighter than a stock one and can withstand everyday street use,drag, or scca style racing. If you have any questions please give me a call. I am in the office weekdays till 6pm est.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F3-chassis.htm
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Last edited by BMR Tech2; 12-09-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by V8Rumble

Lighten up Francis.

ok so i got a little caried away with the ban thing,and dont spell to good sometimes,but ive done a lot of searches and could not find common stuff sometimes,just to many people say try a search,i probably said it before,but try not to anymore,instead he should have posted a link or not responded at all sorry to mess your thread up,i just bought a 85 iroc from original owner with 102000 miles,thinking of doing the same swap,good luck with your swap.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
Hello, we make a k member to put an LS1 in a third gen. Our k member is 30lbs lighter than a stock one and can withstand everyday street use,drag, or scca style racing. If you have any questions please give me a call. I am in the office weekdays till 6pm est.

mine should be here anyday. gettin ready for the turbo addition. i've got alot from BMR and they have great products
Old 09-11-2008, 09:28 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Sorry bro I hate to be there bearer of bad news but it cant be done....

Old 09-11-2008, 09:45 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Guys, I do understand the fact that the same questions have been asked a ton but this guy just joined and would not have known that.... Sometimes its easier to throw up your links or maybe just ignore the post that respond negatively, both take just as long to do. Lets keep people on our site and help in anyway we can....
The bmr K member looks like a nice piece, I have also had people use the 1 inch setback mounts that we sell in the installations.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:50 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

I thought I was being funny I know I'd laugh if I read my post and I was the OP so 91rsracer have fun building your dream. I wrote the original sticky over at TGO on this swap FWIW here it is

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/lt...want-swap.html
Old 09-12-2008, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BMR Sales

Looks just like the one in my car

It's a relatively simple (if you are mechanically inclined) and straight forward swap. All of the things that would normally get you stuck in a swap, are available to buy from guys like bmr, spohn, speartech, etc.