Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

Stored 02 SOM Vert for last time

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 01:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stored 02 SOM Vert for last time

I will apologize right off the bat if this is posted incorrectly. But ........

I have an 02 SOM WS6 Vert with ~42K miles. Stock with the exception of a Borla cat back. Everything works perfect. No cracked door panels, no dings, dents, ripped seats, etc. The car has always been indoors while I have owned it. BTW it is an automatic.

Last year I purchased another toy car and the WS6 is not being used. I gave it to the wife and I think she only put ~100 miles on it this year.

I put it in storage in my brothers airplane hangar on Sunday. I am fully expecting that when I get it ready for Spring I will be putting her for sale as soon as I get her out.

Question #1: There used to be a good forum link for cars that were up for sale. Is there an appropriate place to list them now a days?

Question #2: The reason I was looking is that I was attempting to determine the value as a spring convert. BTW I am in the Chicagoland area. Car is in excellent condition.

Any help is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Stored 02 SOM Vert for last time-153.jpg   Stored 02 SOM Vert for last time-154.jpg  
Old 10-27-2015, 08:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Are you talking about the Classified section on this site?
It's still here and there is also a 'What's It Worth' section in that Classified portion. I've posted there for nearly as long as it's existed. I've cut way back though in the past year or so as too many 'so-so' high mileage cars have dominated the section as the years go by. It gets very repetitious.
I'm sure you know your car will fetch decent money in that color and with those low miles, as long as the car is truly excellent and has a clean title.
$15k will be quite possible and maybe more in the desireable Spring season. I would ask more anyway. You can always lower the price later. The exhaust, as the lone mod, shouldn't hurt value. A new owner can always replace it if too loud for them.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Pm me a price please
Old 11-11-2015, 08:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Gorgeous car..... you won't have any problem selling it I assure you!

Quick Reply: Stored 02 SOM Vert for last time