Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Smaller alternator pulley???

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smaller alternator pulley???

I need a smaller one to make the charging system happy. I put an UD on & now I get charging system alerts on the DIC, yesterday car wouldn't start. I've got an m6 so I didn't think I would have charging issues. BTW 07 C6 M6 H/C/I/+ bolt ons. TIA
Old 09-13-2009, 08:14 AM
TECH Addict

Hi Aric, how have you been?

Did you get your charging problem solved? Might be easier to bump up your idle via your ECM rather than change out your alternator pulley. What ever % UD you have use that % to change your idle and you will have the same charging as stock. Might not need quite that much however to get full charge at idle. Most likely about 150-200 rpm higher would do the trick.

I suppose you have had your battery/charging system checked and it was fine?

I bet your car is flying now with all you have done. Had it to the track?
Old 09-13-2009, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

I've been hidin' @ work lately. I'm planning some track outings very soon, cars running good, I went 185 @ the mile in March. With H/C/I + bolt ons I'm a touch over 500 rw. Anyway, I think the UD is a 25%, but it seems to be acting a little better last time I had it out. I talked to Auto Specialities last week, they've got a 1.6 dia. alt pulley for a C5 that will work, stock is a 2.5 or so. Are you still racing the 08 car? What mods, ET, ect? Good to hear from you, I'll run into you when the weather gets good!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 08:11 AM
TECH Addict

Wow! 185 in the mile. You are making some real power.

An alterntor pulley will get your full charge back at idle but with some power loss. If you like bring it over and I could bump up your idle and see if you prefer that as a fix. Would have to buy two HP Tuner credits for your car but the use of my HP would be free. I'm surprised with that cam you aren't idling high enough already for full charge at idle.

I have an intake and the Z06 manifolds on my 08. And I've been working with the tune. Tweaking my tune seems to be an ongoing thing. Have not had this car to the track.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:55 AM
On The Tree

I've got a couple of HP tuners credits already, might try bumping up idle a little to see. The car sounds real good @ idle, hate to mess with it much. Are you planning on running your car this fall @ HRP? I've got some tires, clutch, & built rearend now, so I'm ready to run it out the back door!! See you @ the track.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Larry
Wow!
Have not had this car to the track.
What???? You just street racing now?

Never ever had the vette at the track?
Old 09-24-2009, 08:13 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99RedHawk
What???? You just street racing now?

Never ever had the vette at the track?
You have that Benz running pretty good. Wow, 11.61. That car really launches good for a big car and I assume no converter. Wait, I bet you turned it into the "Silver Bucket"!

No street racing for me. I just hate embarrasing the other guy when all he gets to see is my rear license plate. I'll probably get my vette to the track when it turns cooler.

Quick Reply: Smaller alternator pulley???