Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

100mm MAF & Vararam PowerDuct?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 05:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 100mm MAF & Vararam PowerDuct?

Just ordered a LPE 100mm MAF and was wondering if anybody else has mounted this up to their powerduct. Were you able to heat the Vararam and mount the MAF directly into it or will I need some additional couplers to make this work?
Old 11-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JaS5902
Just ordered a LPE 100mm MAF and was wondering if anybody else has mounted this up to their powerduct. Were you able to heat the Vararam and mount the MAF directly into it or will I need some additional couplers to make this work?
Big waste of money. if you can get your money back stop the order. But you will have to get new coupler if you go with it.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by robert miller
Big waste of money. if you can get your money back stop the order. But you will have to get new coupler if you go with it.
What exactly makes it worthless? After talking w/ the guys over at EFI Alchemy these MAF's w/ the new LS7 style sensors are the best things out there. I was gonna make my own considering you can get the sensor for like $50 and then just need some 4" tubing but found this at a crack head price that I couldn't pass up. I was planning on heading in for a fresh tune anyways so I just figured why not clear up one last bottleneck first.

Looks like it's off to Home Depot for some Fernco couplers.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:05 AM
Launching!

What exactly makes it worthless? After talking w/ the guys over at EFI Alchemy these MAF's w/ the new LS7 style sensors are the best things out there. I was gonna make my own considering you can get the sensor for like $50 and then just need some 4" tubing but found this at a crack head price that I couldn't pass up. I was planning on heading in for a fresh tune anyways so I just figured why not clear up one last bottleneck first.

p.m. to you bro..
Old 11-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Fernco is rubber and will crack over time. You want silicone...google Silicone Intakes dot com, and find what you need for VERY reasonable prices.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
Fernco is rubber and will crack over time. You want silicone...google Silicone Intakes dot com, and find what you need for VERY reasonable prices.
Yeah, I found that last night. I actually found a guy over on CF w/ this same setup on his ls7 swapped c5 and he everything bolted up good for him. Just heated the opening on the Vararam piece a little and the MAF fitted right in & I know the big coupler they supply is 4" so I should be able to make that fit as well. Also solved his idle issues so we'll see.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:36 AM
Launching!

Yeah, I found that last night. I actually found a guy over on CF w/ this same setup on his ls7 swapped c5 and he everything bolted up good for him. Just heated the opening on the Vararam piece a little and the MAF fitted right in & I know the big coupler they supply is 4" so I should be able to make that fit as well. Also solved his idle issues so we'll see.
Great too see it is working out for you bro.

Quick Reply: 100mm MAF & Vararam PowerDuct?