Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

No radio com. or horn?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 07:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No radio com. or horn?

I hit a deer with my car back in december. It is a 2000 c5 and just got it back from the body shop yesterday. On the 1 mile drive home from the shop I realized I had no horn, my dic says radio-no com and every time i hit a bump it says traction control abs. Abs keeps going off under light braking. What can cause all of this? Im sure its not all related to the same thing but looking for answers.

Abs/traction control im assuming is a bad wheel speed sensor somewhere. I checked the fuses for the horn and radio...All where good. My battery did die twice while being there but its not like my radio is locked. I have nothin from it.

Any help appreciated

Thanks!
Old 04-15-2010, 10:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Update:

I did find a fuse that looked ok but was blown for the radio. It now works. I am still having an issue with the horn though. When i lock my doors with my keyless entry on, the horn chirps so i know it works but it will not sound by the steering wheel. Any ideas?
Old 04-15-2010, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

The steering wheel and the alarm are two different circuits connetcted to one. They have two separate lines going to the same horn. So check the fuse for both circuits.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

thanks. So far i have not found any other fuses that are blown. I have pulled every single one.

Quick Reply: No radio com. or horn?