Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

weaponX C7 aero kit is ready! *PICS!!!*

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 09:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weaponX C7 aero kit is ready! *PICS!!!*

Well, yesterday was a success at the National Corvette Museum Bash! I unveiled our new aero kit for the C7 and it went over very well with ALL ages.

Molds are done and we're going to start taking orders this week!

My C7 was actually Tadge Juchter, Chief Corvette Engineer and Automobile - Man of the Year's pick for the car show winner which was pretty cool IMO!

Tadge's vote

Here are the shots from today and some details! These parts are carbon fiber replacement parts, nothing is coated over any OEM parts so there is no hassle of sending any parts in or returning for cores.

The splitter uses OEM bolt holes so no drilling is required. Opposed to just tapering in between the two bumper lips and trying to stair step up, we curved the splitter up between them and angled it down. This made for a better looking transition and also some relief for driveways!

The rocker blades also use OEM mounting holes, so no drilling is required. We brought the blades out right before the rear wheel instead of tapering in. While GM found there to be no benefit from aero stability, that area is highly prone to road rash. Our added area will not only help protect that flare, but also gives the illusion to more of a wide body look than tapering in and looking more narrow.

Our spoiler uses OEM mounting holes as well and is a direct easy install. It looks pretty wicked out the back window and as subtle as I think it is, I get a lot of compliments on this one.

The diffuser is pretty typical but adds a lot to the rear end! It has two vertical vanes added around the exhaust outlet and is a direct replacement.

The hood is the crown jewel to me though! It's 1" taller than the stock hood for a bigger blower, direct port NOS, or just the bulged look. It retains the extractor vent as well as the rear cowl being vented. It also has the Stingray inside the hood above the vent when open. The OEM vent will insert or you can opt for a high quality mesh insert. The radiator duct attaches to the inside as well. We'll be offering carbon louvers and also inner radiator ducting too. I like the mesh look in the hood, but wanted the carbon inner radiator duct under it when looking through, so I put the OEM louvers in and was very happy with the look! The hood comes in a variety of options as it's a true 2 piece hood with an inner and outer. You can do a full carbon inner outer, fiberglass inner/outer to save money, carbon outer/fiberglass inner, or fiberglass outer/carbon inner. Fiberglass is gel coated and ready to paint, Carbon Fiber is standard American 2:2 weave and matches OEM CF weave size.

Quick Reply: weaponX C7 aero kit is ready! *PICS!!!*