Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Finally bought my first Vette!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 07:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally bought my first Vette!

Super pumped as it has been a long road of disappointment and poor quality cars.

Last weekend I bought a 2006 coupe Z51 with 85,000kms. It came nicely equiped for a 2LT (No factory navi, nor HUD) but it has an amazing Kenwood navi system which is great with bluetooth etc. He has very tasteful mods, B&B headers and full exhuast with quad tips (AMAZING sound and tolerable on the highway!) as well as Lingenfelter intake and TB and of course a great tune on it. The car is lowered, not sure on the details of the suspension but its firm and manages to have some travel for a nice ride for how low it is.

I've spent some time on the paint as it is black and this wasn't his 'favourite' car (PO had a race viper, Shelby GT500, two ducati's etc) so with some elbow grease I've got it in great shape without using trying to go aggressive with polishing compounds or wet sanding. I think it looks great for an 8yr old black car now.

First thing I did with the car after picking it up was driving it 1600kms home non-stop. Loved it. Truly incredible mileage for a car with this much power. All in all I'm thrilled with the car so far. I love driving it to work and the gym and just anywhere.

I also managed lunch before my long trek home with my best friend and he rolled in with his '07 coupe. Brothers with similar cars!
Old 08-03-2014, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations!!

LS2 responds extremely well to Fast 102 IM, through out with immediate torque in all rpm's. It will give you another noticeable kick in the pants as it did me.

Quick Reply: Finally bought my first Vette!