Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Requesting Drivetrain advice for boosted LQ4 c5 swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Requesting Drivetrain advice for boosted LQ4 c5 swap

Hey guys I'm new to Vettes, well new to LS and engine mods but I have decided to jump into a C5 vette for the body style and price. I plan on swapping out the ls1 to a lq4 for boost purposes (T/C or S/C still in the air atm) with the end goal of daily drivable 700-750rwhp.

Funding is not much of an issue as I will be on my way back from deployment in the next few months and have managed to save up quite a bit. I found a 97 coupe with an auto tranny that i am interested in because it is decent milage meaning i can get some money out of the ls1 if i decide to sell it and the car is priced very low.

My questions for you guy would be can I get your expert advice on what type of drivetrain modifications I should look at doing, I have found many contradictions on different forums while researching and decided I will just ask here go with it and hope for the best. The car will maybe see the track once a year, and hardly raced on the street, mainly just a cruise and braging rights car.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

circle d converter, RPM or FLT trans and C6Z differential with 300M outputs
If you spend enough time in the different forum sections ALL the answers you need are in there....GL2YA
Old 04-19-2015, 01:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A.R. Shale Targa
circle d converter, RPM or FLT trans and C6Z differential with 300M outputs
If you spend enough time in the different forum sections ALL the answers you need are in there....GL2YA
agree with everything except the diff...c6z diff way overkill for somebody that's not going to track car....stock diff with c6z shaft,clutches and some other internal parts upgrades is more than enough for a setup like that.....be warned ....start tracking the car with drag radials and all bets are off..... key to keeping it alive at the track is don't get crazy trying to 60foot

Quick Reply: Requesting Drivetrain advice for boosted LQ4 c5 swap