Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Need Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 10:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Suggestions

I bought a Torch Red 2004 ZO6 today (21MAR05). I would like to change a few things on it.

1) Exhuast: Pretty much sold on the Kooker Headers and GHL Cat Backs.
2) Shifter: ???
3) Lowering Springs: ???
4) Stereo: ???

What do you guy’s recomend?

Thanks,

Ken
Old 03-22-2005, 12:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hocheehoba
I bought a Torch Red 2004 ZO6 today (21MAR05). I would like to change a few things on it.

Thanks,

Ken
Ken,

Congratulations on the car!!! They are definitely a fun ride!!! Exhaust, well, you have chose the best.. I would either go with Kooks or LG longtubes depending on future plans... GHL is a VERY nice catback as well. The catback won't give you any gains power wise, but it does sound good!!!

Shifter, try a few out in other people's cars if possible. I have liked the B&M ripper, it is a matter of personal preference though.

You can lower the car quite a bit on the factory hardware, there are several articles on the corvette forum with the instructions for lowering the car for free.

Stereo, that is about like the shifter.. Up to your personal taste, and budget. I spent over $4k on my stereo in my last Corvette.. It sounded great, but if I had to do it again, I would put the money to the motor or something else... Just go to a good stereo shop and listen to what they have.

Have fun with the new car!!!
Old 03-22-2005, 03:13 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by hocheehoba

Thanks,

Ken
Congrats on the awesome purchase!!

To answer your questions...

1) The stock Z06 TI cat-back is about as free-flowing as any aftermarket cat-back and weighs a good deal less, so you're just going to change the sound of the exhaust note, if anything. I like the Corsa's myself, but try listening to a few different setups near you and choose the one you like best! Both Kooks and LG Motorsports headers have gotten awesome reviews from people on this and other boards

2) As 98UltraZ said above, it is personal preference. Again, try to find some people near you that will let you get a feel for the different shifters and go from there.

3) Most Sponsors (most of the banners to the right) offer some sort of lowering kits for C5s that uses the stock hardware. If you wanted to go any lower, I would suggest finding a nice set of replacement adjustable shocks, I personally and favorable towards Billstein.

4) Honestly for the stereo, I would just add either a single 12" or 10" sub and a nice amp to compliment the stock Bose system. The stock system has pretty nice mid and high range, and decent low range. Some sponsors, and members, sell custom C5 subwoofer boxes, just ask around in the sound section. Oh, and make sure to get rid of all the annoying rattles that the car makes when you crank the stereo up, I know those drove me insane.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:01 AM
Teching In

I had a hurst in my WS6...which I just sold to get the vette... Illl likely stay with that shifter. Now I need to lower the car to get rid of that ugly EXTRA space.