Originally Posted by hocheehoba
I bought a Torch Red 2004 ZO6 today (21MAR05). I would like to change a few things on it.
1) Exhuast: Pretty much sold on the Kooker Headers and GHL Cat Backs.
2) Shifter: ???
3) Lowering Springs: ???
4) Stereo: ???
What do you guy’s recomend?
Congrats on the awesome purchase!!
To answer your questions...
1) The stock Z06 TI cat-back is about as free-flowing as any aftermarket cat-back and weighs a good deal less, so you're just going to change the sound of the exhaust note, if anything. I like the Corsa's myself, but try listening to a few different setups near you and choose the one you like best!
Both Kooks and LG Motorsports headers have gotten awesome reviews from people on this and other boards
2) As 98UltraZ said above, it is personal preference. Again, try to find some people near you that will let you get a feel for the different shifters and go from there.
3) Most Sponsors (most of the banners to the right) offer some sort of lowering kits for C5s that uses the stock hardware. If you wanted to go any lower, I would suggest finding a nice set of replacement adjustable shocks, I personally and favorable towards Billstein.
4) Honestly for the stereo, I would just add either a single 12" or 10" sub and a nice amp to compliment the stock Bose system. The stock system has pretty nice mid and high range, and decent low range. Some sponsors, and members, sell custom C5 subwoofer boxes, just ask around in the sound section. Oh, and make sure to get rid of all the annoying rattles that the car makes when you crank the stereo up, I know those drove me insane.