Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

issues with 97 C5 Corvette Tire Monitor System

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Tire Monitor System....

I Own A 97 C5, I Just Replaced The Original Wheels With Some New Ones. I Did'nt Put The Tire Pressure Sensors In The Tires. Now I'm Having Problems With My Gauges And Dash Lights. Just Wanted To Know From Someone Is This Normal And If I Need To Put The Sensors On The New Rims? Is There Anyway To Override This System...
Old 03-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same question, only I put a smaller sidewall tire on and the TPS activate the traction control thus losing all power to the tires unless i turn off TC. Now i just put it into competition mode everytime i get in.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ruderod1
I Own A 97 C5, I Just Replaced The Original Wheels With Some New Ones. I Did'nt Put The Tire Pressure Sensors In The Tires. Now I'm Having Problems With My Gauges And Dash Lights. Just Wanted To Know From Someone Is This Normal And If I Need To Put The Sensors On The New Rims? Is There Anyway To Override This System...
It will cause the "Service Tire Mon System" in the display everytime you start the car. Also will not read pressures in the display. it will say xxx psi. No way to override on 97-00. You got to live with it or put the sensors back in.... only way around it. On an 01+ you can have a dealer Turn the system off with a TECH-II machine. But will ONLY work on 01+. The Body Control module is different.

Originally Posted by Vettish
I have the same question, only I put a smaller sidewall tire on and the TPS activate the traction control thus losing all power to the tires unless i turn off TC. Now i just put it into competition mode everytime i get in.
TPS (Tire Pressure Sensors) have absolutely NOTHING to do with the Traction Control/Active Handling System. The problem is tire sizes. The rear tires must be taller than the fronts. (tire diameter). They dont have to be much taller, but talller. If not, it screws up and the system thinks the rears are spinning faster than the fronts. It thinks you are getting wheelspin and kicks out. Thats what is happening.

steve

Quick Reply: issues with 97 C5 Corvette Tire Monitor System