Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

What to look for on 03

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to look for on 03

My supervisor is looking to buy an 03 Vette. Are there any issues to be concerned with that year? Were they all 50th Anniversary editions or was it a limited number of cars? Thanks for the info!
Old 06-26-2006, 04:33 PM
TECH Regular

I did read the stickies too Just wanted to see if ya'll had anything else to add!
Old 06-26-2006, 06:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by FL01SS
I did read the stickies too Just wanted to see if ya'll had anything else to add!
any 03 Z06 will have "50th anniversary" badges. The actual "50th anniversary" package only applies to non-Z06 vettes, as far as I know.

Common issues would be column lock, and uhmm... extreme tire wear

Other, a little less common issues are: fuel filler hose not working right at some gas stations (TSB), issues with pop-up lights, bent shift forks (less likely in later 03 models as they got steel forks upgrade), leaky rear diff, alignment not set correcty at the dealer (unusual wear patterns on the front tires).

I am not saying any z06 will have all these, just what different people are reporting.

Some things will sound/feel like a problem but they are normal (according to GM):
exhaust h-pipe jingle (sometimes fixed by TSB, sometimes explained away as "by design"), ticking injectors at lower RPM, rattles/clanks when taking off in 1st , rattle when shutting down, some oil consumption.