C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Z06 C6 Rear quarters on a C6

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 12:47 PM
DJ
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z06 C6 Rear quarters on a C6

Ok so after my SS got crunched i just banked the money and rocked a beater, but now the undergrad part of college is over and its time for law school and a new car.
1.) Can you put the Z06 rear Quarters on the C6
2.) Can you purchase them from GM? bolt in? mold in?

ok heres what i know, the lingenfelter Twin turbo 1/4 million dollar car has this done, but for 1/4 million, who knows what work was involved, and thats what im curious about, i mean i know anything is possible, what all is involved? Id love to just buy a Z, but thats just not the best use of money for me, and i HAVE to have t-tops, sunroof, targa, something, FRC while sexy, just doesnt do it for me.
any input--thx in advance for any help and no, i regret to say i didnt search first, hope this isnt an old beat topic.

::
DJ
Old 07-01-2006, 01:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The C6 Z06 fenders will work on a C6 vette. You can buy them from GM. You can buy them from breathless. I'm sure their are alot of other places now carrying them.

The rest of the stuff... your on your own.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:11 PM
DJ
Staging Lane

Default thx

thx for your reply, once my car got killed i moved to reading more than posting and only then sometimes so i know im outta the loop, but just the info you gave me helped. thx again-- look forward to posting some good pics--
i admit, posting this ? was the easy way out, sometime its worth it though--
DJ
Old 07-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Launching!

The rear quarters from GM are cheap (about $300 per side). You also have to buy the inner fender pieces (total parts in the $1000 hood). It's not exactly bolt-up, but I've heard of people doing it for about $2500-3000 with paint. Check out Caravaggio, they have widened quarters that don't have the Z06 vents, but cost about 3X as much. I think they go right on though (basically same thing as the Breathless ones without the vent).
Old 07-02-2006, 10:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Tbyrne just did this to his C6 convertible, he did a huge write up in the eastern section
Old 07-03-2006, 06:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ
thx for your reply, once my car got killed i moved to reading more than posting and only then sometimes so i know im outta the loop, but just the info you gave me helped. thx again-- look forward to posting some good pics--
i admit, posting this ? was the easy way out, sometime its worth it though--
DJ

No problem pimpin'.

Nothing wrong at all about asking questions....I think I ask 50 a day here at work.

See you around man.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:22 PM
DJ
Staging Lane

thx again for all the info,
heres a direct link to the write up in the eastern section if anyone happens to be interested
https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-members/472099-time-car-go-under-knife.html
looks like it shouldnt be too bad on a coupe, the vert aspect definitly added some extra work for the body shop--

DJ

Quick Reply: Z06 C6 Rear quarters on a C6