Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Do you think its okay to do this???

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do you think its okay to do this???

well I found this write up and I know how to lower the rear but what do you think about the way he lowered the front.Just sort-of skip the first couple of pics and paragraphs just go to the end when he installed the blistien shocks.

http://www.2phast.com/Corvette/lower.htm
Old 07-23-2007, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's fine, although admittedly I just don't like the idea of removing the torsion bolt entirely from the front. I personally feel it was put there for a reason and don't like the idea of the spring not actually being connected to anything rather than riding on the a-arm like it is.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
It's fine, although admittedly I just don't like the idea of removing the torsion bolt entirely from the front. I personally feel it was put there for a reason and don't like the idea of the spring not actually being connected to anything rather than riding on the a-arm like it is.

But isnt the spring lose now?All I see is a lose bolt too its just bolted up to the spring cuz I dont see the leaf spring bolted to the arm...
Old 07-23-2007, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 427TTA4
well I found this write up and I know how to lower the rear but what do you think about the way he lowered the front.Just sort-of skip the first couple of pics and paragraphs just go to the end when he installed the blistien shocks.

http://www.2phast.com/Corvette/lower.htm
I don't knowabout that one. I wonder how it is autox the car or drag racing the car. I guess you could do it like he did, but I wouldn't do it, rather just get the longer bolts. that bolt is there for a reason.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

In the rear you can get the longer bolts. In the front you can trim the bumper on the bolt or remove it completely. Removing it will drop the car significantly. If you do remove it put a piece of hard plastic(UHMW) between the leaf spring and A-arm to prevent popping, rubbing and undue wear. I started by turning the bolt, then trimming the bumper and finally removing it. You should do the same until you find your desired ride height. To answer the original question, removing the bolt will cause no harm.

Quick Reply: Do you think its okay to do this???