Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

My TCI T-Com/RPM 4L65 Conversion/Install.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 12:19 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My TCI T-Com/RPM 4L65 Conversion/Install.....

Well, after a few SLOW weekends of work/piddling, it's finally in and driving down the road. I also wanted to post this up for anyone that might tackle the t-com box install as I have all the shortcuts needed, so check this thread or PM me and I can save you some headache on the wiring and other things on the general setup.....

Just to clarify, I didnt want to mess around with the factory computer (more than one reason) and I've had a bit of experience with a different type of standalone, so It was the logical choice for me.

The wiring harness looks like a serious MESS of wires, good thing about that is we only need RPM, Engine speed, and TPS, then we are good to go - I also added the MAP sensor to aid in the driveability. (this pin was in the WRONG hole on the 63 pin connector, had to take the connector apart and re-pin this wire (dont try this unless you have alot of patience)

Just a reminder, you can get all of these at one place and remove alot of extra wires/etc if you connect at the computer (2 of the 4 are connected in this picture)

#10 white wire - engine speed -- rpm on harness
#32 light green - map sensor -- map on harness
#50 dark green/white - VSS (speed sensor) -- toss on harness
#F - dark blue - this is on the TAC connecor (tps/pedal position) -- tps on harness

Now for the wiring harness itself....
We stripped almost ALL of the loom off of it so it would fit where we wanted to route it, here is a picture of the leftovers...

Just a note, you CAN NOT just go delete wires that are on this harness, some are looped, be careful if you are doing this....

And found a pretty good home for it here....

Some other connections of note are:
A/B shift - lets you choose between 2 different shift settings/tables
Brake Light - unlocks the converter when you apply the brakes
Manual shift - if you want (and I'm going to) install a paddle shifter or up/down manual buttons, this connector is ready to go, just power it up. There are quite a few other unmentioned details, if you need to know just ask

So after the basics of switched power, etc. fire it up, and hook it up to you laptop, go thru the tutorial (a couple of tricks here too) and it should be good to go.

And this 8.00 investment at wal-mart saved me ALOT of headache -

That made adding fluid under the car wayyy to easy.

Thanks again to TJ/Rodney/Todd at RPM they were all a great help!:flag:

I've still got a bit of trial and error on the shift tables/etc but its pretty easy to do, and you can change it while driving....

Off to the track soon!:thumbs:
Old 04-29-2008, 05:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I asked RPM and while back if they woul sell me an auto conversion kit for my car and they told me they only would do it in house!
Old 04-29-2008, 02:36 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, wierd... Its a project, but WELL worth the work....

Quick Reply: My TCI T-Com/RPM 4L65 Conversion/Install.....