Got a new best with the new nitrous setup on motor!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 10:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got a new best with the new nitrous setup on motor!

Had our track rental at bradenton this weekend and I got a good chance to do a lot of testing of different suspension settings and shift points. Ends up the car likes shifting at 6700 and the rear shocks like to be at 6, with that combo and 12 psi in the slicks cold I pulled out an 11.72 @ 116.92 with a 1.65 60' spinning a little (need new slicks, just looked at them when I got home yesterday and I can see metal )!!! That almost matches my best et of 11.71 with my previous motor setup and I now have a nitrous converter and everything setup for spray! I didn't get to spray it cuz i'm having some issues and I think my rings are toast!! So I may be building my motor in the near future! But i'm very happy with how the car performed, was in the low 11.7x's all day long once I got it dialed in and at high 116's to low 117's!!!
Old 12-13-2004, 10:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Congrats again Devon. It was great meeting you and I hope you're able to fix the oil issue.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:47 AM
TECH Junkie

It was great meetin you too man, i'm gonna try and get a buddy to do a leakdown test on it to confirm if it's toast or not, so hopefully he'll help me out and i'll have some answers soon, but if it is toast and I have to pull the motor, i'll be down for a while, but when she comes back out, she'll have a nice new nitrous built 408 in her! Looks like body and paint work are put off to the side yet again!! Eventually she'll be runnin and lookin great, just a matter of time!
Old 12-13-2004, 01:31 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats Devon! Sounds like you made some good laps in Bradenton, maybe I'll catch up with you at another south race next year!

Derek
Old 12-13-2004, 02:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Villain281H
congrats Devon! Sounds like you made some good laps in Bradenton, maybe I'll catch up with you at another south race next year!

Derek
Thanks man, bradenton was definately a good experience!

Quick Reply: Got a new best with the new nitrous setup on motor!