Went to the track Friday and have a question

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Went to the track Friday and have a question

First off, lemme say the night was awesome. Temp was in the 50's with little wind and I was hooking up pretty good all things considered. I set a new best ET and a new best trap (times in sig).

I had a total of 11 runs that night which is alot for me. I took a few breaks but I also did alot of hot laps which I know isn't good but I was trying so hard for a 12.4 ET. Anyway it was the last run of the night for me and I was on my third or fourth run without any kind of cool down. I went to do my burnout and my *** end was all over the place. I stopped and started the burnout again but I couldn't stay still. They waved me up and I had to run the last race on cold Nittos which was ugly.

Why do you think I couldn't burnout like I was all the other runs? The temp had dropped into the 40's so maybe that was why? Or perhaps they didn't spray down the burnout box and it was dry? Maybe hotlaps heated up my brake pads or rotors to the point they wouldn't hold my car back?

I'm still relatively new to drag racing so I'm just curious as to why a burnout on the last race was impossible so I can avoid it the next time. But other then that is was an awesome night!
Old 05-01-2006, 02:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if the car sways on the burnout you were out of the box or they didn't put enough water down.

...at least that is what causes my car to sashe..

Quick Reply: Went to the track Friday and have a question