New personal best on street tires...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 12:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New personal best on street tires...

Tonight I ran a 12.343 @ 111.64 on my 245/50/16 Firestone Fuzions. I cut a 1.868 60'.

I had been trying to keep besting my own time all night, which I did. Previous best was like a 12.635 since the converter. Only thing that I changed since last time was that I did the short belt mod, and loosened my torque arm bolt up. I have a Jegster TA, and it was bound up because I had put too much *** on it, I recently loosened it and retightened it to 50 ft/lbs. Helped alot with the launch.

The funny thing is that this was in not-so-great air. I half expected the car to not trap above 109 all night.

How it happened was, I had a Hemi Ram in front of me drag water all up into the box, and the track crew had to spend a good 5 minutes mopping all that crap up. I figured that it was a throwaway run, so I smoked 'em GOOD. I'm talking giving them hell like they were drag radials.

I rolled right up to the line, stalled the car up to just under 3 grand, then when the third amber dropped, I redlighted , then rolled the car out into a violent launch. I mean, this was so violent, it made my ABS INOP and LOW TRACTION lights come on, and I don't even have ASR hooked up!

The car pulled hard, then dead hooked going into 2nd, from then on out, I just hung on for the ride, and was happy to collect my timeslip down at the booth.

Here's the slip for proof of this run, right lane.

I'll clean up the vid, so it isn't mostly of the guys cleaning up, then post it tomorrow.

If I ever manage to run 11's on street tires, they'll be carrying me away on a stretcher, because I'm gonna have a stroke!

Tell me what you guys think of this run. I'm bolt-on only, BTW, and I don't even have an LS6 intake or pulley yet.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on your new PB on street tires buddy

not to mention that your running stock Intake and pulley besides weather didn't help that much ya still got your best

peace