taken the car to the track twice now...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 11:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default taken the car to the track twice now...

went to the local 1/8th mile strip for the last 2 sundays and have been running what seems to be some good times by what everyone was saying, so i figured i'd see here since there's a lot more to compare to. 2 sundays ago i ran a few 8.66's-8.68's, only mods being a corsa catback, k&n filter, eibach sportlines, and slp bilsteins. i had an extra set of coilsprings in my trunk that i needed to drop off for my friend, and even had the base of the baby's carseat in the back. no weight reductions at all. car was full of crap, haha. also running on some crap ventus 245/50r16 h rated balogne skins, but seemed to be grabbing somewhat ok.
then this past sunday the only difference was that i added an MTI clear lid and i ran 2 8.46's and a few 8.48's and 8.53's, and even had more trouble with traction. from what i've seen on here in people's sigs, these times are pretty good for all that i've done to the car.
tranny cooler's in shipping now, i'm waiting for a stall to come available from a somewhat local shop so i can throw one in, buying some dr's, and plan on purchasing a set of LT's and o/r y in a day or 2 so hopefully i'll be able to dip into the 12's once i hit the full 1/4.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:21 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice runs. Watch out however, Drag racing is very addictive!

Coach
Old 06-27-2006, 09:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coach 02 A3 Z/28
Nice runs. Watch out however, Drag racing is very addictive!

Coach
thanks, and trust me, i know it's addictive. i've only had THIS car to the track twice. i've owned 4 stangs and an LT1 before this one .