First run with the Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default First run with the Camaro

This was my first run with the Camaro. I kinda felt like it shoudl run better than this but I couldn't seem to get it down anymore. The car has Pace Setters,TD with X, and a lid. Street tires and an A4. I haven't had it tuned yet and I was wondering if that could help any???

I ran a 9.06 @ 82.1 --1/8 (Our 1/4 is shut down)
60 Ft. was 2.11

I thought I would do at least an 8.9 but I dunno any thoughts?
Old 05-28-2008, 10:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you know what gears you have? If they are the 2.73's thats not good at all for an LS1 and drag racing.

Most cars like yours would do 8.5 or better. Maybe the DA was real high when you ran it.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:35 AM
Teching In

It has the 3.23s in it. But I don't really know about the DA.I am not exactly sure how to calculate it... I do know I wasn't the only one that was running a little on the slow side... I was actually the thrid fastest car out there. there were two H/C gears and nitrous cars that were barely running 8.4-8.7 and a stroked LS2 GTO that was running 9.3 pretty consistelntly. I would say it was the track but I don't think I was spinning any so I am not sure.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:48 AM
Banned

Weres the track Mt. Everest? Those times suck......even for the H/C nitrous cars.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Teching In

It is in West Texas not that high of an elevation... It was pretty humid (which is really wierd) but I don't know the stats for the day. That was kind of what I was thinking on the times but I wasn't sure. There was a group of Ford Lightnings (some had pulleys on them) and the fastest was running 9.7ish. Maybe it was just a bad day to run? Everyone seemed to be hooking up pretty good (Even the GTO who launched in reverse ) I am just looking for an excuse why my car ran so slow... Other than it just sucks.

Last edited by Camaroplus; 05-29-2008 at 01:09 PM. Reason: oops
Old 05-29-2008, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Camaroplus
It is in West Texas not that high of an elevation... It was pretty humid (which is really wierd) but I don't know the stats for the day. That was kind of what I was thinking on the times but I wasn't sure. There was a group of Ford Lightnings (some had pulleys on them) and the fastest was running 9.7ish. Maybe it was just a bad day to run? Everyone seemed to be hooking up pretty good (Even the GTO who launched in reverse ) I am just looking for an excuse why my car ran so slow... Other than it just sucks.
Where in west texas are you? If its Amarillo, that track sits at 3700ft, if its Lubbock, your at 2600ft., El Paso is high alt. too, those times are slow for an LS1 car, but if your in Amarillo, thats about right, because it'll run 8.5s at Dallas/Fort worthless.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:41 PM
Teching In

It is Odessa they said it was right at 3000 feet. I would think my car just sucks but all the F-bodys save the H/C and nitrous cars were running below what I was... Now I am just depressed!

Quick Reply: First run with the Camaro