Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need some help...Bad!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 12:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help...Bad!!!

well i went to the track tonight and didnt do good ...at all!!!

best

rt .663
60 2.653
1/8 9.6
mph 81

i think i just cant launch worht a damn...i rev to about 2500 and let it out slow and it takes off and then bogs and then goes and bogs out and then finally goes

is it my launching ..should i let it out faster slower...rev higher...or is it my clutch???
Old 04-25-2009, 02:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its all about practice man, launch higher, dump it, lower you tire pressure, ect. If you are not spinning then you are not trying hard enough. Try a search for how to launch, and traction issues.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:01 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Sounds like a street tire car with no exp. launching.

Try bringing the rpm's up to about 3500 and letting the clutch out quickly, not dumping it but not riding it. And gas up as you're letting it out to stop the rpm from dropping.

You're bogging the car because you're not gassing it enough, or when the car starts to bite and go you're lifting off teh pedal and dont' realize it.

Gearing, real tires, and the needed driveline parts so you can leave off the limiter is the solution, how far you want to go with that is your choice, but without a tire, gearing and driveline parts that will take the abuse you're going to be very limited with the results.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so you think im letting it out to slow and not giving enough gas ??
i rarely go to the track but when i go i would like to do alot better than that...im sure my car is capable of 9.0 or better i just gotta figure out what im doin wrong at the line

thanks for the help guys really appreciate it

Blake.