Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMR upgrade thought's

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 05:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMR upgrade thought's

So I just purchased the following and thought I would ask what everyone thought and how this would play a difference in everyday street driving/racing: Ajustable T/A, lower control arms, control arm relocation brackets of course and a panhard bar. I'm only doing the rearend for the moment being because money may become tight with the new arrival of the baby and 2 damn houses! Damn economy! So I'll have to put off until this summer for the front end. I just thought I would see how this upgrade would play out for me! Got to be better than stock right, lol! Thanks steve
Old 05-01-2009, 07:46 PM
TECH Resident

your going to put a 12 bolt/ 9 inch in im guessing- i actually jsut did this and now im looking into how to fine tune for some hard launches
i also was just explaining this to my friend...

Torque Arm- get adj to chime in pinion angle- and this will be the best thing you can do
LCAs- adjustable arent needed, they will plant the rear on the ground nice a firm
Relo brackets- i dont see it being completely necessary until your in low 11s
panhard rod- centers rear under car- get adj (i gatta do this!!!)
sway bar- stops body roll- needed for a hard launch (21mm or larger)

theres info on this all in a suspension section sticky too, for street driving you wont see much of a diff in anything exp the LCAs are like night and day when it comes to wheel hop
Old 05-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You'll definitely be saying bye bye to wheel hop, and that panhard bar will help with cornering as well.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:12 PM
TECH Resident

I haven't got my motor back yet but it's a 355 LT1 with a cc306 cam with every mod imaginable to it really. I have a 10lb bottle for it to for ****'s and giggles. I would hope to be in the 11's but I guess well see! I looked at all my **** and my suspension has 172K miles on it and hasn't been touched so I figured with the 30% off sale it may be a good time to get a few things over my stock equip.....Thought's!!!!
Old 05-02-2009, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 94BlueZ28
I haven't got my motor back yet but it's a 355 LT1 with a cc306 cam with every mod imaginable to it really. I have a 10lb bottle for it to for ****'s and giggles. I would hope to be in the 11's but I guess well see! I looked at all my **** and my suspension has 172K miles on it and hasn't been touched so I figured with the 30% off sale it may be a good time to get a few things over my stock equip.....Thought's!!!!
You will enjoy your new setup.

The suspension stuff will help alot with wheel hop. However, for DD it will also be louder and rougher.

It will feel like more of a sports car. You will feel/hear bumps in the road. I like it.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

id go used parts/ new parts that some poor sap bought and now doesnt need- its like a 50% off sale all the time (if not more than that)

add some shocks to that list and a front sway bar and all new bushings and youll be set!