Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MT street radial tire growth?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 09:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MT street radial tire growth?

I am setting up the car for this weekend and was adjusting my pinion angle and finding that it moves the rear end back on the rear fender. I need to know if the MT Street Radials grow much? Right now I have about an 1/8" clearance. Do I need more than that?
Old 05-28-2009, 09:59 AM
TECH Addict

no, they don't grow. why don't you adj your rear axle forward so its not an issue?
Old 05-28-2009, 10:08 AM
Launching!

They grow, don't let anybody kid you. They just grow alot less than biased ply slicks. 1/8th is tight open it up.

The growth depends on how fast they are spun.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:12 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah I figured it wasn't much but the 1/8th is very tight. I'll move it up between an 1/4 & 1/2".

I have an issue with my LCA brackets I think. They were probably welded with the rear out of the car and the pinion not being set it rotates rear enough to hit the fender. Could also be the hole are not lined up on them but I'm trying to get what i have to work with setup as best I can.

I also have non-adj LCA currently since the rod ends were a little loud for the street miles I put on the car. I will get some adj LCA once I get back and set the pinion correctly and then move the rear forward with the LCAs for now. Otherwise I will have the brackets cut off and redone with the pinion set correctly.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Compared to a Bias ply, its near nothing but again a 1/8" is really cutting it close, a good shift of the suspension can send the tire into the car.

As you thought I would suggest Adj Rear LCA's to dial in that suspension.