Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tubular k-member question...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 01:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tubular k-member question...

i know this probably belongs in the suspension section, but i figured i'd get better responses here...

out of curiosity, has anyone ever had any issues bolting up a k-member in an f-body?

my car was wrecked in the driver's side front a couple years back, and i'm not really sure the front is straight, or was repaired correctly after noticing some things underneath it recently. i'm pulling the trans for an auto swap, and pulling the motor this week or weekend to get the car ready for an lq4 swap, and now i'm worried about pulling the k-member and motor out the bottom in regards to it lining up correctly going back in. what makes me more worried is that my plan is to go back in with at least a tubular k (if not full front suspension as well) with the new motor, instead of the original k-member.

anyone have any experience with something like this?
Old 06-04-2009, 09:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car was wrecked in the front(mostly under carriage damage), and I had no problems bolting up my K-member. As long as the stock K-member is not bent and allowing the bolt points to be out of place you should be fine. Can you possibly get pictures of the damage?