Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finishing my suspension mods - Springs/Shocks, Bags/Sway Bar?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 01:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finishing my suspension mods - Springs/Shocks, Bags/Sway Bar?

I am looking to finish off my suspension for my street/strip Z28. I currently dont have a rear sway bar since I wasnt going to work to get the stocker to fit the 9". I have the Eibach Drag Launch kit, but I read on here they arent worth it so I sold them. The stock springs and shocks are going on today. Although I REALLY liked the higher sitting rear and dropped nose the Eibach kit gave the car, maybe some 28" tires would help that.

So starting fresh, wanting a NO SQUAT, WHEELS UP setup, where do I need to start? I was looking at the spohn 25mm or 3rd Gen 24mm rear sway, but it seems like there are two camps, airbag vs sway bar. Not sure off the benefits of each, although I will say I want the car to be decent on the street, I have OD for a reason, and driving without a sway seems to be slightly loose in the rear, but not uncontrollable. My best 60' time was 1.98 last time I made it to the track, that was with all the mods below and the Eibach Drag Launch kit, so I need help.

Here is what I have:
1994 Camaro Z28: FMVB 4L80e 3600-4000rpm stall- H/C LT1 - 9" w/4.11's & spool [Going on a diet next week]
Suspension: BMR Trak Pack, Hotchkis ADJ PHB, BMR Boxed SFC's, BMR 4L80e Trans Mount, Tubular LCA's, 1LE 32mm Front Sway Bar, Stock Springs and Shocks, No rear sway
Tires: [Strip] 15x3/15x8 ProStars Hoosier 26x10.0x15 D05 Drag Slicks [Almost gone now] [Street] 10 spoke SS wheels - Goodyear 275's

Anyone want to give me some tips on a street/strip setup, or a setup that can be converted from street to strip? I'd be willing to swap out the front spring/shock assembly if necessary, put the front sway back on, stuff like that.

Mind you I am on a budget just like alot of other people so I cant do a $600 sway bar with $800 shocks and lightweight brakes, etc. Might be able to spring for some Competition shocks and a spohn rear drag bar though.

Future modifications - possibly 4.56 gear OR N2O, 28" tire, tubular K member, TransBrake.

-Dustin-

Last edited by Bersaglieri; 06-18-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:48 PM
TECH Resident

Uh...bump

Next mod I need is the sway bar, since even on the street the rear ends shifts under load and unloading, almost like a wiggle.

Any opinions on the Spohn 25mm or old 3rd Gen 24mm? I'm not sure how streetable a wolfe kit or something like that would be.

-Dustin-
Old 07-02-2009, 03:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Give us a call we have everything on sale right now.