Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

set caster as far positive as possibe??

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 09:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default set caster as far positive as possibe??

I have seen you want as much caster as possible. I am assuming this is positive caster, as close to the firewall as possible?? Did I get that correct through my search??
Old 07-01-2009, 09:32 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

0 camber both sides
as much caster as possible, maybe 5 degrees (I have stock k so I could only get 3)
If you can take the car to an old school alignment shop meaning they don't use the laser alignment I have some specs you can use.

Also a while back you were talking about ride height and rake, I would go level now after making 10 or so passes and working with a few highly respected members. I'm trying this next and will post results but the rake did not work for me. Not saying it won't for you but it was not successful in my case.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bare with me here its early for me but if you move the struts as far back towards the firewall as possible it makes the car want to drive straighter and it takes more effort to turn the wheel. Old school dragsters had really high caster so that when they had to keep the car in the grove it wasn't a drastic adjustment. If that makes sense.

-Mark
Old 07-01-2009, 02:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Carter01
0 camber both sides
as much caster as possible, maybe 5 degrees (I have stock k so I could only get 3)
If you can take the car to an old school alignment shop meaning they don't use the laser alignment I have some specs you can use.

Also a while back you were talking about ride height and rake, I would go level now after making 10 or so passes and working with a few highly respected members. I'm trying this next and will post results but the rake did not work for me. Not saying it won't for you but it was not successful in my case.

Cool. My other question is I am using the laser alignment machine. I am using the one at work and doing it myself. With having the rear adj lca I am able to move the rear forward. This would show as positive caster on the machine as the computer does not allow for rear adjustment. Would this be wise or don't get involed in the rear for caster??

Also, how much rake were you using?? I was at around 3/4 inch rake with the old setup. I have since taken it back apart to put the stock springs with the hose mod back in to get the car up a little. It was sitting way to low for me.

If you would pm me those specs I would really appreciate it. Thanks again for all the help guys.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would also like those specs as well Carter01. I have a ton of adjustment left and can move the wheel back in the wheelwell around another inch, are u saying thats what i should be doing?
Old 07-01-2009, 09:08 PM
10 Second Club

Put the stock springs in the rear without the isolators and it raised it over an inch in the rear. But the tank is just about bone dry so no weight back there and I still have to raise the front which will lower it some. I would like to see around 27 3/4 at the rear and maybe 27 1/2 up front. Then I will scale the car and then do my final alignment.