Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

abs inop air bags and service engine lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 06:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default abs inop air bags and service engine lights

ok so I took out the abs and took out the air bags and pulled the coralating fuses atleast the ones i could find and have a mail order tune thats upto date on everything done to the car just until i tag it then it gets a true dyno tune. anyways im fed up with looking at these lights everytime i move it around the driveway and once its tagged it will annoy me worse what are my option to get rid of them?
Old 10-11-2009, 06:37 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by transamsam98
ok so I took out the abs and took out the air bags and pulled the coralating fuses atleast the ones i could find and have a mail order tune thats upto date on everything done to the car just until i tag it then it gets a true dyno tune. anyways im fed up with looking at these lights everytime i move it around the driveway and once its tagged it will annoy me worse what are my option to get rid of them?
For the abs light there are 2 wires you need to ground out, 1 is for abs light, 1 is more brake light. On my car which is a 98, pin 12 on the abs harness is a ground. Pin 7 to ground turns off abs light. And pin 16 to ground will turn off the brake light. In other words, just splice pin 7, 16, and 12 all together.(worked on a 98) not sure about other years.

For the air bag lights im not sure yet, but i will have to figure that out as well.

As far as check engine you need to figure out what the code is. You might just need to turn some things off in hp tuners, or maybe something needs to be fixed.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:15 PM
TECH Resident

Awsome i gota give that a try. also I gotta ask did you do the write up on the truck manifold turbo? if so great write up you gave me ideas for my next project if it doesnt end up beain a e body cude(in my dreams) or a c3 or c5 vette(much more atainable and practical)
Old 10-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Electrical tape over the indicator light worked well for me...can't even see it...just pull the cluster out and get some tape...

Quick Reply: abs inop air bags and service engine lights