Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will this work?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 11:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Will this work?

Im trying to install my mech oil psi gauge as easily as possible and have hit bump after bump after bump. My stock gauge is starting to get ****** retarded so i got a new one being that i plan on spinning the motor alot harder and faster this year.

I wanna put this
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MOR-23694/
and turn the psi sending unit into the "out" port and just close the in port.

Yes? No? anyone have a easier/easy way to mount them? Its an mech full sweep autometer C2.

LMK!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you using this w/ an oil cooler or remote mounted oil filter?

I dont know if that'll work or not boss... I would imagine that setup is designed to send the oil out into an oil cooler and back into the adapter before entering the filter. I say that b/c it says its a SANDWICH adapter. IF its designed to work like this and you have no intention to use a remote mount, its not going to work... well it could but I don't think you would want to install it the way it would need to be done for it to work.

You can't simply tie into the block just above the oil filter assembly? I was thinking that there is a port just above the oil filter setup? or I may be thinking of old school stuff. I'll look this evening when I get home and see what I can come up for ya.

IF nothing else a simple 1/8" NPT Run Tee would work to install the guage pickup line in the factory location and still be able to use the factory sending unit also. I'de install the factory sending unit in the horizontal side and then put the guage pickup on the top.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Take the crossover plate off the pan, drill it for 1/8npt, thread the sender in. Reinstall the crossover.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:38 AM
9 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
Take the crossover plate off the pan, drill it for 1/8npt, thread the sender in. Reinstall the crossover.
X2

Sean
Old 07-07-2010, 10:20 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try this.

http://kurturbanperformance.com/ls-o...t-adapter.html
Old 07-07-2010, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow i totally just realized what i was trying to do. if i did run an oil cooler, could i run the psi sensor in a t valve out of the sanwhich into the oil cooler and to the gauge?

im doing anything i can not to have to take the mani off the car to run it from the stock location. I was told the hole above the filter wasnt a good place to tap and take a reading from